Sunday, March 1, 2009

And the Lord said, "Let there be doughnuts"...

And there were doughnuts.

We have doughnuts each week in bible class. I don't know who started it, but someone way back must have decided that we needed a treat for sitting through church service. Don't get me wrong doughnuts are good, but doughnuts aren't my favorite food ever!

This morning I really WANTED a doughnut. I was hungry and there was a a chocolate one that was staring at me. (I tried to look away but he kept making eye contact.) At that moment I had to decide, what is more important? What do I want more? Do I want to count the 6-7 points for a doughnut, or have chips and salsa at lunch!? I think all too often we pick a food just because it's there.

So that's my challenge to you this week. Don't eat things "just because!" Pick what sounds GOOD! Pick your favorite! Pick what you really want. Don't settle.

Chips and salsa sounded good, so that's what I picked....and it was so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I agree....what's with the doughnuts? I almost took a bite of Josh's Sunday morning....but decided even one bite wasn't going to be worth it! Good job...and I know your chips and salsa was yummy...much more so than one stinkin doughnut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for weighing in!!