Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I survived the Great Hideout of '09!

(See previous post.)


Let me tell you something about myself....I have to have a plan. Without a plan I self destruct QUICKLY!

Here's how it all went down:

I weigh at WW on Wednesdays at noon. On Tuesday's I really try to watch my sodium and carb intake so I'm not all "swole up" when I weigh. (Yes, swole up is a technical term.) So I mentally prepared myself for today. I decided I was going to have the receptionist grab me a Jamba Juice for lunch when she went out to get the mail. (The Jamba Juice I choose is the Strawberries Nirvana, soy boost, only 4 points and it's SO FILLING!) "Oh look a chicken" sorry.

So I was ready to go. I got to work and ate my oatmeal.

Around 9:15 I see the sales guys in a twitter. I said "what's going on?" They responded with, "Dell is coming in for a meeting, we're going to need you to get us lunch. Hideaway would be great."

HOLD UP!

Hideaway?

Hideaway Pizza?

Hideaway is not in my plan. Breathe. Breathe. (I'm seeing visions of large, cheesy, pizzas dancing around in my head.) BREATHE KARYN!!!!

I grabbed the menu and read it front to back. (That didn't help the visions of cheesy pizzas! And YES, I did have a menu in my desk, don't ask!)

When it was time to order, I was ready. I made the call. I ordered 9 pizzas. Nine delicious, hot, amazing pizzas. I also ordered a large salad for the group, and a....................... MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD with no cheese and dressing on the side!


Yes, I was as shocked as you are, Hideaway serves salads! Who new?

I set up the pizza buffet for the boys (on the other side of the office), and I took my delicious MEDITERRANEAN GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD to my office. I ate it slowly and enjoyed every bite. It rocked. I didn't even have one bite of pizza, not one!

Whew! That was a close call. I was able to reframe my thinking and do what was right for me. The next step is to throw away the Hideaway menu from my desk.....uh....I'll tackle that another day.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO impressed! I don't know that I could've done that! Well, I know I wouldn't have done exactly that...I'm not a salad person. Good for you..that's a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a better person than I am and how encouraging to read your story! You have strength. Why couldn't I stay away from the gooey, carmel turtle bars last night???? MB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for weighing in!!