Friday, March 6, 2009

Request & Dedication

Well there's no request here.... but it's Dedication Friday! I've decide to recognize people on Friday's who have helped me along my weight loss journey. Without them, I would not be surviving this journey.

Today's dedication is to my friend...Shelley.

(I had dinner with her last night, so she's fresh on my mind.)

I met Shelley almost 10 years ago (yeah, Shel, it's been that long!) I loved her, she was great! She is one of the funniest people I have ever met.....even more than me (so you KNOW she's funny!!) ; ) She caring and sincere and she tells it how it is! Don't ask her opinion if you don't want to hear it.

Shelley was overweight when I started WW, but she didn't join with me. She wasn't interested at all. I didn't push it, I just did my thing. When I was gone on maternity leave having Lily she, and our friend Becky, stopped by to see me in the hospital. She said, "Guess what? I joined WW today!" WHAT?????? I was so excited! Excited for her, but also excited to have another buddy on this journey with me.
Since joining, Shelley has lost over 100 pounds! YES, you read that right, one hundred pounds. She's a true inspiration. She is not far from her goal, and has never given up. Ever.

She has taught me so much about myself. To plan, to prepare for events/parties, to make exercise a part of your life, to have fun on trips but not go overboard.....the list goes on and on.

Shelley, I love you! Thank you for inspiring me, thank you for loving me, and thank you for being the kind of friend that that will eat carrots and cucumbers for lunch just so we can go get a chocolate dipped cone from McDonald's afterwards! That's true friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for weighing in!!