Thursday, June 4, 2009

Change, Change, Change...

A friend told me about the 300 workout (you can google it.) It's the program that the actors from the movie 300 did, to get in shape. Let me first tell you this isn't for you if you haven't done any form of exercise since 1994, this is strenuous! How it is written is this:

· 25 pull-ups
· 50 deadlifts at 135 pounds
· 50 push-ups
· 50 box jumps with a 24-inch box
· 50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 135 pounds)
· 50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
· 25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps


They don't want you to take breaks, or do sets. It's straight through.

I started it and I have had to modify it to survive, so I have been doing……..

· 20 pull-ups on the machine that assists you with the weight, (2 sets of 10)
· 50 deadlifts at 45 pounds, I can do this one, so I am going to increase weight a little. This is bad on your back so be careful and start slow!
· 50 push-ups – I have to 5 sets of 10
· 50 box jumps with a 24-inch box – I use a 12 inch box right now
· 50 "floor wipers" (a core and shoulders exercise at 20-40 pounds) you hold a weighted bar above your head while you’re laying on the floor, you lift your feet up to each side of the weights, you can look online for a video for them)
· 50 "clean and press" at 36 pounds (a weight-lifting exercise)
· 25 more pull-ups -- for a total of 300 reps (I have not added in this one yet, I can’t do more pullups-OUCH)


I have done it 4 times now, and I love it, it kicks my rear! I am so worn out when I am done, dripping sweat. I weighed yesterday at WW and lost 5 pounds. YES I said FIVE POUNDS!

I think my body was adjusted to my MWF areobics class and the T&Th weight lifting class. I needed to give it a boost, change it up. It worked!

4 comments:

  1. i actually did that 300 workout in highschool! With the football team. I am so proud of you for working out in the mornings! Changing your workout is great!! Keep up the work girl- you look good!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! that is awesome! Good for you--that always feels good to see some results! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KJ - are you still around and hanging in there? I have not been on your blog in some time...a lot going on. A lot as in stress things that have allowed me the opportunity to consider revisiting my "maternity" side of the closet so I have some clothes to wear!
    Well - I hope you are doing well - I am going to check out the 300 workout and see what I can get accomplished with it over the next few days. We are closing on our first home next Tuesday morning.
    I really hope you are doing good!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for weighing in!!