Thursday, February 26, 2009

Could it be?

Yes it is. Yes my friend, you have found yet another blog where a chubby girl blogs about her weight loss journey. Lucky you.

I don't ever remember NOT being the chubby girl. I think I went from a size 6x to woman's 16 and I don't remember anything in the middle. My sophomore year of high school (I was a size 16) our school MADE us take some sort of PE class, and we had to have 3 years total! That meant I HAD to take something for the next three years. Luckily for me they offered an aerobics class. I signed up. I stood far in the back and tried to go unnoticed. I wore huge t-shirts that hung down to my knees, and watched as my spandex clad teacher jumped around and did things with her body that scared me! Well....much to my surprise, I loved it. By the time I graduated from high school I was a size 10-12. It was the smallest I had ever been and I looked and felt great.

My weight yo-yo'd over the next few years, and I'll speed that up to save your time....college graduation size 14, wedding day size 14, after 2 years of marriage size 16, got pregnant/had baby...holy cow size 20, joined Weight Watchers (again) lost 63 pounds, got pregnant AGAIN/had baby....holy cow size 18, joined Weight Watchers again.......

And here we are. Almost 3 years later. I have lost some weight since Addy was born almost 3 years ago and I have lost inches for sure! I wear a size 16, but can wear some 14's now.

I often get frustrated because I KNOW what I need to do to lose weight. I know because I did it! I was practically to my goal. My parents will tell they didn't teach me great habits, and we talk about not wanting my girls to inherit those habits. I have to break the cycle, and I know I can!

So folks, this is it. This is my journey. Buckle up, it's going to be a fun ride....

2 comments:

  1. This is so great! I understand how hard it is to lose weight and to always find the balance between a healthy life style and still living your life (can I get an amen!).

    I'm happy to follow your journey. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for weighing in!!